The official 2015 Lemonade For Livy Weekend is July 24th - 26th
In 2014, individuals, families and businesses from across the United States made Lemonade for Livy a reality. We came together in a unified effort to raise funding for epilepsy research. Click here to see what we were able to accomplish. In 2015, we are partnering with the Epilepsy Foundation to make an even bigger impact. We want to bring the WORLD together to make a stand against epilepsy!
65 million people across the globe have epilepsy. At this moment, parents are at hospitals in neonatal units watching their newborns have seizures. SUDEP (Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy) has claimed another life. A single mother is struggling to find a way to get to work because epilepsy has taken her ability to drive. A father is standing at the bedside of his 10 year old daughter praying to God to stop the uncontrolled convulsions. There are millions of stories just like these in every corner of the globe.
For 10 years, our daughter Livy has been plagued by the damaging effects of epilepsy. We have watched her slowly slip away from us for months on end because we lost control of her seizures. She has endured multiple major brain surgeries but the seizures persist. We will no longer sit idly by and watch epilepsy steal the precious time we have with her.
Livy is the inspiration behind this movement. What started as one neighborhood lemonade stand to raise money for Livy is growing into a global effort to raise funding and awareness for epilepsy research. Epilepsy is one of the least understood neurological disorders but is also one of the most underfunded in terms of research. Together, we can change that. Our intention is to create a coordinated, global epilepsy fundraising initiative so we can give hope to those with epilepsy and their families that a cure will be discovered. If we work as one, if we speak with a collective voice, we can make significant progress toward finding the answers that will ultimately lead to a cure. Please join us and the millions of families who no longer accept losing another moment to epilepsy.
The official Lemonade for Livy lemonade will be
available in 16 oz and 64 oz containers.
If you would like to carry it at your business,
please contact Jon Scheinman
If you want to participate, please register your event.
Once registered, we will send you updates about the weekend and the progress we are making. It will allow you to share the information with your family and friends, too.
Lemonade for Livy is open to all ages. There are many ways you can participate. Here are some examples:
- Build a creative lemonade stand to attract attention and set it up in your neighborhood, in front of a business, at a sporting event, at a parade or at a yard sale.
- Try to get your local Girl and Boy Scouts, universities and other groups involved.
- Have a lemonade event at work. Set up a stand at your corporate office or in all of your locations.
- Build a mobile lemonade/snack cart and push it throughout your office building, around your neighborhood or at a community event.
- Hold a lemonade themed party at your house. Invite all of your friends and ask them to make a donation (this is good for both kids and adults).
- Talk to the owner of your favorite restaurant and ask them to create a special lemon drink or evening and donate part of the proceeds.
- Contact your local grocery store and request that they carry the official Lemonade for Livy lemonade.
- Hold a virtual lemonade stand by setting up a donation page and asking people to contribute.
- Come up with your own creative, lemon themed event.
Guidelines to make your event more successful:
- Incorporate at least one element of purple (the color for epilepsy awareness).
- Print the graphics noted below and use them for your event.
- Submit a press release to your local newspapers and TV stations.
- Talk about your event on social media and tell the story about why you are getting involved. Make sure to use the hashtag #Lemonadeforlivy in all of your posts.
- Be as creative as you can. Incorporate a theme into your event to make it unique and fun.
If you can't have an event over the official Lemonade for Livy weekend, you are more than welcome to hold one at any point throughout the year.
When making your stand, please incorporate a Lemonade for Livy poster from the links below. You can also download and print the thank you cards to hand out during your event. After you hold your stand, please complete and mail in the Donation Form.
When you are ready to submit your donation, please click here to do so on our fundraising page. If you would prefer to mail your donation, please make the check out to Epilepsy Foundation National and mail to:
PO Box 15326
Clearwater, FL 33766
The images below are from prior Lemonade For Livy stands.